Saturday, April 11, 2009

Random Update

Just a couple of random thoughts:
  • They officially changed the name Baoba to Baova on our road sign. I however, refuse to change the spelling of my town, so you guys can continue to call it Baoba as well.
  • UNC WON THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!! One of the volunteers who lives about an hour from my site actually has a sport bar in her site, so I spent the night with her and was able to watch the game. We forced all the Dominicans to change the station of the baseball game to the college championships, and they were only happy to oblige the two americanas. It was so exciting just to be able to see the game and pretend like I was back in the States.
  • Happy early Easter, and thank you all for your cards and packages. I have been extremely homesick lately, so it was a pleasant surprise to arrive in the capital today with tons of mail and well wishes from you guys.
  • Pictures are (finally) updated!! Check them out at: http://picasaweb.google.com/LRams728
  • Since moving into my own house, I have had to learn how to cook-Dominican style, and it has not been easy. I'm inserting this video of my 11-year-old neighbor teaching me how to peel a platano:

No comments: