Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Send me mail!

The mail service in the Dominican Republic is not as efficient as that of the U.S. It can take up to three weeks for mail to arrive in the DR, and it might take about a month for mail to arrive in the US from my volunteer site. Please do not send many large packages because there are high customs taxes, and the postal staff aren't very trustworthy and might open them and steal things. For that reason it is recommended that packages be sent in padded envelopes. Even postcards should be sent inside an envelope; otherwise, they might end up on the wall of the local post office!

My mailing address while I am in Santo Domingo is:
Lauren Ramsey, PCV
Cuerpo de Paz
Avenida Bolivar 451, Gazcue
Apartado 1412
Santo Domingo
Dominican Republic

After I have been in the country for three months and move to a different site, I may have an additional post office box that is closer to where I live. But I will always be able to get mail at the Santo Domingo address whenever I visit the city.

Please send me lots and lots of mail!

No comments: